Media TextFormats Accessibility Comparison Summary Released

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 13:15:27 -0500
To: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Colleagues:

The HTML-A11Y Task Force Media Subteam has been examining the
suitability, as of this writing,  of TTML and WebSRT for satisfying the accessibility support
described in our User Requirements document at
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_Accessibility_Requirements; and
refined during TPAC 2010 in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2010Nov/0066.html
and following.

We summarize our comparison by denoting a list of strengths and a list
of remaining issues requiring resolution in order to meet accessibility
requirements. The comparison summary document is available at:

http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/TextFormat_Comparison_Overview

We forward our analysis as input to remaining work in HTML 5
specifications, noting that further work may, in fact, be assigned to a
new working group in W3C.

--

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200
		sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net