RE: ISSUE-142 (poster-alt): Chairs Solicit Proposals

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 21:21:29 +0000
To: John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>
CC: "Sam Ruby (rubys@intertwingly.net)" <rubys@intertwingly.net>, "Maciej Stachowiak (mjs@apple.com)" <mjs@apple.com>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>, 'HTML Accessibility Task Force' <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
> Has this been noted (at this time) as one potential Change Proposal, or should it be separated and re-written as a stand-alone reference?

I encourage you to ensure that any change proposal meets the guidelines described at:
http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy.html#change-proposal

In particular the proposal you mentioned at:
does not appear to contain a clearly identified Rationale.  I assume you would want the Issue: labeled text to be treated at the Rationale.

In addition the Proposal: part  at the above link would appear to be a "a high-level prose description of the changes to be made" which requires "prior permission from the chairs".  Personally (without speaking for my co-chairs) I would prefer that you provide a more detailed change proposal that is "A set of edit instructions, specific enough that they can be applied without ambiguity."

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada