Re: Video Poster image (was RE: DRAFT analysis of fallback mechanisms for embedded content ACTION-66)

From: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 09:27:52 -0600
Cc: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
I agree, a poster IS the video.  we should not encourage bad practices by pretending/allowing otherwise.

I have three questions about annotating audio/video resources:
     can I
        (a) provide a short "alt" text? for video
        (b) provide a long description?
        (c) link to a transcript?

These seem to be more important, to me, than worrying about whether the poster is semantically different from the video.

David Singer