RE: disposition of ISSUE 30 cited in bug 10967 insufficient

> The operating assumption should be that once a Change Proposal has been brought forward with this information that Paul too will weigh in, and once any and all questions he raises have been addressed to his satisfaction that issue 30 will be reopened at that time.

I believe the right process is for the proponents of re-opening ISSUE-30 should send an email to the Chairs with public-html@w3.org in the CC field requesting this action.  This email should clearly provide the "addition technical information" as per [1] that the Chairs should consider in their decision.

I also agree with Sam and Maciej that advocates of re-considering the ISSUE-30 decision should be very careful to get all their arguments in place BEFORE requesting the issue be re-opened.  I therefore agree with Janina that there is no rush to make this request.

/paulc

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/process.html#WGChairReopen

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada