Re: Notice of impending Formal Objection to Issue 30 Decision (@longdesc)

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 16:41:10 -0700
Cc: 'Sam Ruby' <rubys@intertwingly.net>, 'HTML Accessibility Task Force' <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
To: John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>

On Aug 12, 2010, at 3:36 PM, John Foliot wrote:

> (cc list radically trimmed)
>

>> Additionally, there is the path forward of a Formal Objection.
>>

> It appears that this may indeed be the required path, unless the Chairs are
> indicating that they are still open to revisiting their current decision. Is
> that what I am hearing?

For anyone who disagrees with the decision and would like to take further action, the following options are available:

(1) Enter a Formal Objection.
(2) Provide new information that was not available at the time of the decision, which may lead to reopening the issue.

Point-by-point back and forth discussion is not really helpful at this stage. One of the two options above is required, for the issue to be revisited. John, I appreciate your passion on this issue, I hope you will channel it into one of these avenues.

Regards,
Maciej