Re: Notice of impending Formal Objection to Issue 30 Decision (@longdesc)

On Aug 12, 2010, at 10:10 , Sam Ruby wrote:

> In the short term, a better use of those energies would be towards identifying new information (I hear that there is some from Oracle?) or on a Formal Objection.

I have to wonder whether our energies would not be better spent, not in attempting to maintain the historical status of longdesc, but in providing mechanisms that actually materially improve accessibility for those that need it (given that we all seem to recognize that longdesc has almost no useful adoption and use)?

But maybe this is just me as an engineer thinking :-(

David Singer