Re: [media] summary and discussion of proposed media a11y framework by WHATWG

I just came across a really simple introduction to WebSRT, which you might
be interested in:
http://wearehugh.com/public/2010/08/html5-video-accessibility/ - probably
won't help Janina, but does give an understanding of how the current WHATWG
media a11y framework came to be.