Re: CFC re ISSUE-31 Missing Alt

Hi Janina,

I request that the call for consensus for this decision be postponed,
as there is ongoing discussion [1] especially in regard to Dave's no
vote and restoring Matt's "missing" attribute to the Change Proposal.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2010Apr/thread.html#msg284

WAI CG  said that they would not object to @missing. I would like to
restore it to the proposal, if it will help things.

As part of this discussion and in anticipation of  restoring the
"missing" element to the text alternative Change Proposal [1], I
worked on incorporating the text in a temporary/duplicate Wiki page
under my user space so that people can see what the whole thing would
look like back together. It is at:
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/User:Lcarlson/ImgElement

"Addressing Business Needs" section is the main addition, with tweaks
that accommodate the new attribute where needed in the impact and
details section. If everyone can live with this, I will be adding it
to the real change proposal  [2].

Anyway, I request due consideration of the matter.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Laura

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2010Apr/thread.html#msg231