Re: General Response to the Accessibility Task force%2

From: <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 14:19:32 -0400
To: public-html@w3.org
Cc: public-html-a11y@w3.org
>    From: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>
>
>The Accessibility TF held a vote and did a blanket rejection of
>several separate change proposals--all without discussion in the TF
>group, and without splitting the items up so that each may be
>considered by their own merit.

As Co-Facilitator of the Task Force, I want to correct the record here.

It is incorrect to say that we did not consider each individual change
proposal.  While our resolution aggregates our response, we did indeed consider
each item separately--on its merits.

Furthermore, our recommendation message documents our deliberations on each
individual proposal by URI reference to our WBS survey and to the minutes of the meeting where we
discussed each proposal individually:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Apr/1086.html
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/44061/200404_ftf-proposals/results#xq5
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2010Apr/0131.html

For  convenience our deliberations are minuted at:
http://www.w3.org/2010/04/07-html-a11y-minutes.html

My apology if this was too obscure in the chain of URIs.

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200
		sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net

Linux Foundation		http://a11y.org

Chair, Protocols & Formats