Re: ISSUE-31 Missing Alt [Was: Proposed deadlines on HTML issues]

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 12:45:28 -0500
To: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Cc: Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
 Hi, Laura:

> One revision would be helpful. The WAI Consensus listed aria-labeledby,
> but did not explicitly list aria-label. This was identified as an
> unfortunate omission during the Birmingham Face to Face, and today's
> telecon confirmed that aria-label should be included.
>
> I would regard this as a clarifying editorial change. Can you--would you
> be able to make this revision?

I've provisionally edited the Change proposal to include this.  If
anyone can't live with it please speak up.

I added the following bullet to the set of options [1]:

*@aria-label is present (non-empty only) OR

I have also add "aria-labelled" to the "aria-labelledby Attribute"
rationale section [2]

> The next step is for me to compose a formal resolution and email this
> language to the list as a Call for Consensus. Without objections, it
> would then move to the HTML-WG as a TF recommendation. So, we may well
> make the 29 April deadline. That is still my objective, in any case.

Making the deadline would be good.

Thanks.

[1] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/ImgElement20090126#With_Suggested_Text
[2] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/ImgElement20090126#aria-labelledby_Attribute