Re: General Response to the Accessibility Task force on Issues 90, 91, 93, 96, 97

aloha, shelley!

i quick point -- during the Face2Face, we DID stop to read each
and every one of your proposals as a group, and anyone who had
not previously read your proposals was explictly asked to do so
by Janina and MikeSmith before commenting or voting...

unfortunately, given the dynamic of a face2face, minutes often
don't capture the amount of time spent on each item, oft leaving
the impression that things were only alluded-to in passing...  let
me assure you, shelley, that -- from my perspective as a remote
attendee at the face2face -- every effort was made by the chairs to
give your proposals their due consideration, and there was a minority
who wanted to "unbunch" your issues to discuss them individually;
indeed, the issues you raised were considered 1 by 1 by the face2face,
but -- finding what it perceived as common threads -- it was decided
by a majority of participants that each issue you raised could be
addressed in a comprehensive, rather than detailed manner; this
disagreement is captured in the results of the survey on the
proposals considered at the face2face:

http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/44061/200404_ftf-proposals/results#xq5

gregory.
CONSERVATIVE, n.  A statesman who is enamored of existing evils,
as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them
with others.         -- Ambrose Bierce, _The Devil's Dictionary_
             Gregory J. Rosmaita, oedipus@hicom.net