RE: [media] WHATWG started requirements collection for time-aligned text

I agree with Sean; converting between captioning formats is a trivial problem; the harder (and more pressing) problem is getting some form into support into widespread usage by all browsers.

-----Original Message-----
From: public-html-a11y-request@w3.org [mailto:public-html-a11y-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Sean Hayes
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2010 8:24 AM
To: Eric Carlson; Dick Bulterman
Cc: Ian Hickson; HTML Accessibility Task Force
Subject: RE: [media] WHATWG started requirements collection for time-aligned text

It seems to me that we are once again heading towards the impasse that happened when trying to bless a single video and audio codec. It seems likely to me that the solution should focus on how the association is made, where it shows up, and if necessary (which I don't think it is) any API or event model associated, and not get bogged down in which format has the most friends.