Re: draft rewrite of the ARIA in HTML5 mapping tables

On Apr 16, 2010, at 3:35 AM, Steven Faulkner wrote:

> The HTML5 spec contains 2 tables in the section about what ARIA roles
> and properties are allowed on what elements in HTML5.
>
> The following is an attempt at redrafting those tables and
> associated text:
>
> http://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/misc/HTML5/aria-html5.html
>
> The changes affect section 3.2.6 which is about a 3rd of the way down
> the document all changes are marked.
>
> Note: this has not been endorsed or agreed upon by the accessibility
> task force, it is draft intended to act as a basis for further
> discussion, which i put together
> after discussions with rich s at the brimingham f2f.

It would be great to turn this into individual proposed changes with
rationale and explanation, and then file those as bugs. Or it could be
filed as one giant bug, but that seems likely to create a more
confusing situation.

The <a> changes already seem to be covered by ISSUE-85 and the related
bug.

I will also add that it's hard for me to personally evaluate the
merits of the changes without seeing the justification. The general
thrust seems to be to make the rules much more permissive, but I'm not
sure I understand the reason for some of the allowances.

Regards,
Maciej