Re: RESOLUTION to modify text alternative change proposal and reject WAI CG's consensus recommendation

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 15:40:42 -0500
To: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Cc: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>, Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>, Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>, wai-cg@w3.org
Hi Janina,

> I must frankly confess that I am rather miffed

I'm sorry that you feel miffed. John's suggestions regarding process
are good. It might help to explain the term "resolution" in the TF
consensus-procedure document or use a different term entirely as it is
confusing.

> the one change that raises all this
> consternation, deserves to be discussed thoroughly before the Task Force
> votes on the candidate resolution that the Face to Face meeting is
> forwarding to the TF.

Thank you. The one change is the crux of the matter as Gez pointed out.

> However, I would invite you to join me in re-reading minutes from the Ad
> Hoc's meetings.

Thank you. Besides the minutes there was also discussion on a special
list that GreggV set up as well as numerous validity proposals made in
the Wiki(s).