Re: RESOLUTION to modify text alternative change proposal and reject WAI CG's consensus recommendation

Laura Carlson writes:
> When the W3C validator throws an error for a missing alt the students
> and developers that I work with, finally get it through their heads
> that text alternatives are mandatory not just for WCAG but as well for
> valid HTML. It makes a BIG impression.

As I understood things, this would not be available to us in the HTML 5
conformance checker. There would be no way to know what triggered the
error. Something did, but specifically triggered it is not identified.

To continue this behavior in HTML 5 conformance checking, and to get the
additional direct pointers to WCAG, we had to agree to warning rather
than error.

Janina