Re: RESOLUTION to modify text alternative change proposal and reject WAI CG's consensus recommendation

From: Joshue O Connor <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 20:10:41 +0100
To: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
CC: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>, Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>, Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>, wai-cg@w3.org
Hi Laura,

>> By this resolution this HTML5 accessibility task force is rejecting
>> the June 10, 2009 Web Accessibility Initiative Coordination Group (WAI
>> CG) consensus recommendation [5] on the subject.

That is not entirely what is happening. While we appreciate that the
move/resolution to modify your change proposal to "have the conformance
checker normatively emit a warning as opposed to an error" is
potentially controversial, it was arrived at after a /lot/ of
discussion, soul searching etc (and I include the many years of
excellent work that your good self has contributed to the debate). Also
this is not yet in a steady state, but we hope is a step in the right
direction towards a copacetic resolution.

Cheers

Josh