Proposals or Recommend Closing? 2 Accessibility Issues: aria-role & longdesc

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:05:30 -0500
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, "Gregory J. Rosmaita" <oedipus@hicom.net>, Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Cc: "W3C WAI Protocols & Formats" <w3c-wai-pf@w3.org>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>, Cynthia Shelly <cyns@exchange.microsoft.com>
Hello Accessibility Task Force,

The HTML Chairs are soliciting proposals or recommending closing two
accessibility issues [1] this week.

Gregory, I think you originally raised ISSUE-14 aria-role [2].
Chaals, I think you originally raised ISSUE-30 longdesc [3].

I know the Accessibility Task Force [4] is not quite official yet, but
does anyone have ideas on how we should handle these?

Additional accessibility issues in the tracker that seem likely to
need Accessibility Task Force discussion, deliberation, and possibly
deliverables can be found at:
http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/AccessibilityTrackerIssues

Thanks.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2009OctDec/0007.html