Re: <video> and <audio> (was RE: Implementor feedback on new elements in HTML5)

Thanks, Geoff.

I've moved comments to the dedicated comments page at
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Accessibility/Experiment2_feedback and have
also added some feedback.

The question with some of the things you're asking about is whether it
should be available in the default or just possible to be added by
authors using javascript. At the moment I have just catered for the
most basic requirements (which should fulfill a large amount of use
cases) and left everything that is more complicated for display
purposes to the author to create himself using javascript - the API
for which is available.

My particular question here was about the need for a structuring
element ("itextlist") which would expose which tracks are alternatives
of each other and which are additions to each other. Your question
about having TAD and SUB categories being displayed at the same time
seems to indicate to me that you are in support of such a structuring
element - but I don't want to start guessing. So, direct feedback on
that would be appreciated.

Also - and this is to take a step back from the experiments that I am
undertaking for Mozilla and which should be regarded as input into the
development of a specification in the HTML working group - we haven't
actually decided on a list of requirements for time-aligned text for
audio/video yet. It is a key activity that has been discussed at the
recent Video Accessibility workshop and again in the Video Breakout
Group at TPAC.

I would suggest we move this discussion into the accessibility task
force (for now cc-ed on this email) since many of the things that you
mention indeed need to be discussed and decided upon.

Best Regards,
Silvia.