Re: ongoing interest

Hello Annete,

And thank you for the email. Sorry for not give an answer back earlier.

In fact, me and my team we are very excited about such a standard service.
In fact, we are interrested in integrating such type of services in the
context of Saas (Please see :
https://files.ifi.uzh.ch/stiller/CLOSER%202014/CLOSER/CLOSER/Cloud%20Computing%20Fundamentals/Short%20Papers/CLOSER_2014_122_CR.pdf).
We are interrested in computationnaly intensive SaaS managed by an HPC or a
grid, with some of computations in the browser.

While most of current implemented work has been in the browser, to provide
that interactive experience with non intensive computation management and
not just job submission, we are heading into that Restful part with some
interesting ideas.

I have done some experimentation, but there is some work that needs to be
done on that part and some parallel computations we are working on
implementing in the context of diffusion MRI, to offer an interactive and
easy-to-use SaaS with a backend computational service.

Neverthless, we are adopting a different direction than what we have in the
current references documentations, in Web-HPC. In fact, we are trying to
take some interesting parts of the grid but with Restful services. For
example, I am supervising this year two students and we are exploring the
use of grid-style federated authentication in the context of community
cloud, to be used later for our ongoing project.

So, we have some specific use cases we are working on, and I personally
think that there should some potential uses cases that can be interesting,
beyond what I have observed with the current implementations.

Please, what can we do as a research team to contribute or to make
advancement. We are ready to start an opensource project around, as I have
observed that all referenced implementations are proprietary.

Warm regards,

--
Tarik Zakaria Benmerar
Acigna Inc.