Re: An incremental approach Typed & Custom Properties

On 20/05/2015 10:30, Ian Kilpatrick wrote:

> // THIS IS NOT A SERIOUS API PROPOSAL
> registerCustomProperty('--my-custom-prop', {
>   type: CSS.NumberType
> });

I think we can do way better than relying on something like
CSS.NumberType...

We should be able to have a string there with the grammar for the
property's value, exactly as it is in the spec. As a matter of fact,
that's how I am generating the UI of the CSS editor part of BlueGriffon
these days and Tab also has a parser for that.

That would allow very simple code on that side of polyfilling....

</Daniel>