RE: [css-props-vals] First iteration of L1 spec

From: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 23:09:09 +0200
To: "'Tab Atkins Jr.'" <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: "'Shane Stephens'" <shans@google.com>, "'Greg Whitworth'" <gwhit@microsoft.com>, "'Florian Rivoal'" <florian@rivoal.net>, <public-houdini@w3.org>
> Ah, yeah, there's some confusion there. Need to nail down whether the
> apply hook happens before or after transitions, and the answer will exclude
> one of the behaviors mentioned here.

Or (and that's my StyleTransitionController proposal) we support a state where transitions are discovered and exposed "transition(3px, 5px, 3s, 45%, ease-out)" but not yet resolved, and are actually resolved after the hooks had a chance to resolve them on their own or add new ones (set a property which wasn't in transition to a transition value). That gives you a tons more possibilities and it's relatively cheap. Not just-a-shortcut cheap, but still pretty cheap.