Image decoding off the main thread

From: Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 20:09:33 +1100
To: public-houdini@w3.org
Three days late, but I finally thought of something I wish I'd proposed at the meeting: image decoding on a background thread.

For this I guess we'd need some attribute on IMG/Image/HTMLImageElement that would indicate that the main thread doesn't have to decode this image. I'm not sure if we need a new "ready" event, or just assume that "load" means loaded and decoded.

Dean