Re: Why we need Houdini...

From: Rick Byers <rbyers@chromium.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 12:36:18 +1100
To: Greg Whitworth <gwhit@microsoft.com>
Cc: "public-houdini@w3.org" <public-houdini@w3.org>
Absolutely.  Note that this calls out explicitly the need for performant
scroll customization:

"Scrollable elements are possible in pure HTML and CSS with overflow:
scroll (combined with-webkit-overflow-scrolling: touch on iOS) but these do
not give you frame-by-frame control over the scrolling animation and mobile
browsers have a difficult time with long, complex content."