FW: Any takers for reviewing and presenting to group evaluation of open source drug database?

FYI--

-----Original Message-----
From: public-semweb-lifesci-request@w3.org on behalf of Alan Ruttenberg
Sent: Wed 6/27/2007 1:55 AM
To: public-semweb-lifesci hcls
Subject: Any takers for reviewing and presenting to group evaluation of open source drug database?

The DrugDB database, http://www.e-mds.com/solutions/drug_database/
drugdb.html is open source, and I have applied and received access to
it. The initial format is Microsoft SQL Server backup file, and Colin
Knep from the Alzforum has kindly converted it to MySQL, so it can
either be loaded into MySQL or parsed as text (lots of SQL inserts).

The goal of the evaluation is to review the contents of the database
and the data model and present it to the group (or find adequate
existing documentation on this), as a preliminary to evaluating
whether we should convert it into RDF. Someone familiar with what is
available in current drug databases and able to assess the quality
and thoroughness of the contents would be very helpful in this effort.

Let me know if you are interested, and I can give access to the files
(assuming you accept the terms of the license)

Best,
Alan