Re: tabulator with clinical data

(Apologies for the delay, my email filters have been misbehaving.)

On 2007-03 -11, at 17:16, Eric Neumann wrote:

> Tim,
>
> As part of our work in the HCLS drug safety and efficacy task force
> (http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG/Drug_Safety_and_Efficacy), we're
> thinking of using your Tabulator for a proposed demo since the
> clinical SDTM model (ala CDISC) is pretty much based on a table
> system.
>
> We have been working refining CDISC's SDTM to take better advantage
> of RDF-OWL, but many practitioners out there are used to also
> seeing clinical trial data in rows and columns, which would seem to
> be a good match using Tabulator. Pfizer has already provided us
> with some *manufactured data*, which we're using to get a first
> pass RDF model working.

Is the manufactured data public?

> This data is (pretty closely) organized as follows:
>
> - Clinical Trial Study
>     - Patients
>         - Clinic Visits
>             - Observations (treatments, findings, interpretations)
>                 - Vital signs and biomarkers
Great!   Clinical trial data is one of the silos of HCLS field which
I mention in each talk about HCLS integration.

What about the drug/treatment involved? Is that constant for each
study, or do people track administrations of the drug?
> Since many clinical researchers are used to seeing this data in
> tabular form (along with statistical analyses), we thought
> tabulator might be a straightforward way of visualizing the RDF
> formatted data, and possibly using maps and timleine views as well.
> I will try a first pass, and see if the others find it useful as
> well, but your group may be able to give us pointers of we get stuck.

At the moment, it is term time, we have Jim Hollenbach working
couple of afternoons a week, currently making a Ffox  extension, to
give us more power to do stuff.  I haven't touched it for a while but
I would like to clear time to do it.

I wonder also how we could show it linking with other data might
work.  Do you have lat/long for patients?

When it comes to statistical analysis, it would be  good to add that
to Tabulator.  There was an open source AJAX toolkit which I noticed
a few moths back, but lost the pointer to it. It would have made a
neat addition wrapped up as a tabulator view.

> Will let you know how this proceeds...
Do.  It sounds exciting.