Upcoming DSE TC topics

Thanks Kerstin,

I agree with your comments... Is there a reference for the current ~20 domains already supported? Would be good to know them in more detail... I'd like to capture all the necessary resources and link them on the wiki site.

We also need to come up with 2 or 3 examples of what "recombinant clinical data" looks like and can uniquely do. This will be very important defining our role within the larger CD community.

Based on you note, another question to consider is "Where specifically does the tabulation model fall short when trying to address biomarkers?" I can imagine several potential places, but we should identify these as a group. For example, do we use something like a "classification structure" that (1) maps a qualified set of measured (probe base) molecular analytes to a subject in a study, as well as (2) maps them to the gene or metabolite references behind each analyte ((3)plus a pathway), and (4) bundle the analyte group with a statement to what disease or condition (e.g., hepatotoxicity, inflammatory response) they should be applied to. A comparison of the current domain-observation model to the proposed "classification" model seems to be in important next step!

BTW, "Biomarkers" should always be "measureable factors" that, in addition, are usually "biochemical features or facets", but could also be "enhanced images of cells or tissues" or even other forms of per subject measurables, such as EEGs. Clearly there should be an easy and direct way to determine of the biomarkers are of type "biochemical feature", and here is where I see RDF helping us out tremendously!

best,
Eric