Re: Multi-layered Knowledge Representations for Healthcare (was RE: An argument for bridging information models and ontologies at the syntactic level)

It's good that we separate the conceptual "layers" (views) from the
logical/representation levels. My understanding of HL7 RIM classes is
that they (at least classes like Observation) are meant to be
*subclassed* into more specific domain classes. Templates/archetypes
are constraints on (and hence describe subclasses of) these domain-
specific classes. Instances of patient-specific HbA1c observations are
also instances of Observation logically. HL7 experts among us can
correct me if I am wrong.

Samson
--
Samson Tu                                                     email: swt@stanford.edu