Re: Mozilla introduced a native app interface (and some more)

On Wednesday, 9 November 2016 07:37:35 CET Martin Paljak wrote:
> As FF introduced working native messaging support and Edge is coming out
> with the same in January, the problem is "solved" for desktop browsers.
> Efforts should be made to come up with a domain specific interface on top
> of this, so that we could reduce fragmentation, at least what concerns
> PKI-rooted applications.

"Solved" looks different to me. I consider it "hackable" by sniffing all around
and sending the right native code to the linux/apple/windows box. But the web
is much larger than those three OS.

> The gray area is still mobile platforms...

There, I predict a development that will just use the usual android/ios only
thing that will force everybody into the eco-system with additional
governmental power.

 --Rigo