Re: GRDDL WG may close any time now

From: Danny Ayers <da@talisplatform.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 11:03:51 +0200
To: "Ogbuji, Chimezie" <OGBUJIC@ccf.org>
Cc: "Harry Halpin" <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>, "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>, public-grddl-wg <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>, swick <swick@w3.org>, "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>
2008/9/8 Ogbuji, Chimezie <OGBUJIC@ccf.org>

>  +1 for option 2):
>
> 2) Wait for a new Semantic Web Deployment Group at some point that updates
> RDFa, GRDDL, etc. to work with HTML5 WG.

+1

Me personally, if GRDDL works for XHTML 1.x but is broken for HTML 5: it is
> not a catastrophe.

Right. After all we do have other ways of expressing RDF.

> The differences (specific to this incompatibility) seem more motivated by
> dogma than legitimate technological justification.  My $0.02

My impression also.

One other issue I'm not sure was completely resolved was how to use GRDDL
with non-XSLT processing, but again there doesn't seem any pressing
motivation to work on this.

Cheers,
Danny.