Re: GRDDL and OWL/XML

From: Murray Maloney <murray@muzmo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 09:31:56 -0400
To: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Cc: Murray Maloney <murray@muzmo.com>,Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>, Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>,Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>, public-grddl-comments@w3.org,public-grddl-wg@w3.org

At 09:14 AM 5/21/2008 -0400, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
>Hello Murray,
>
>Thanks for your comments. However, note that the specification has not
>been designed to perform the function. It has been designed to explain
>to someone how to perform the function.

In the same way that an XSL transformation explains to an XSLT processor
how to perform the function, right?

I understand that there is software extant that performs the function
described
by the specification.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but an XSL transform which performed that
function according to the OWL-->RDF mapping spec would become a de-facto
OWL-->RDF mapper.

If that is correct, then a reference to OWL-->RDF might just as easily
invoke an
XSL transform as one that was written in Java or C++ or Python.

There is no requirement in the GRDDL spec to refer to an XSL transform.