Re: GRDDL and OWL/XML

At 09:14 AM 5/21/2008 -0400, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
>Hello Murray,
>
>Thanks for your comments. However, note that the specification has not
>been designed to perform the function. It has been designed to explain
>to someone how to perform the function.

In the same way that an XSL transformation explains to an XSLT processor
how to perform the function, right?

I understand that there is software extant that performs the function
described
by the specification.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but an XSL transform which performed that
function according to the OWL-->RDF mapping spec would become a de-facto
OWL-->RDF mapper.

If that is correct, then a reference to OWL-->RDF might just as easily
invoke an
XSL transform as one that was written in Java or C++ or Python.

There is no requirement in the GRDDL spec to refer to an XSL transform.