issue-base-param

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 18:56:12 +0100
To: GRDDL Working Group <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>

I am unclear whether the discussion of this issue included discussion of
  either xml:base or the html base element:
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/links.html#edef-BASE

I suspect any <base> declaration in the head of an XHTML family document
has scope over relative references in the head and body, and hence also
links and anchors with rel="transformation"

I suspect xml:base does not apply in these cases (not permitted in valid
XHTML).

I am unclear whether the following  use of xml:base is relevant to the
following single element XML document

<r
    xmlns:g="http://www.w3.org/2003/g/data-view#"
    xml:base = "http://www.example.org/"
    g:transformation="xform" />

Should a GRDDL aware agent try to get http://www.example.org/xform for
this example?

None of these suspicions are answers positively or negatively in the text.