Re: "a standard library of bootstrapping transformations"

Dan Connolly wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 10:51 +0000, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
>> Prompted by the test cases doc, I looked at the charter for the first
>> time (whoops - I guess I should have done that before joining the group!)
>>
>> I read:
>> [[
>> working group should deliver:
>>      * a standard library of bootstrapping transformations, such as:
>>            o a transformation that simply copies out any rdf:RDF elements
>>            o a transformation for recognizing profileTransformation
>> links for use in profile documents
>> ]]
>>
>> While we have these two transforms,
>
> to wit:
> http://www.w3.org/2003/g/embeddedRDF
> http://www.w3.org/2003/g/glean-profile
>
> resp.
>
>>  they are both a bit buggy, and it is
>> not clear that they are deliverables.
>
> Indeed, they should be.
>
>> I suggest we:
>> a) assign web space in the WG area for this library
>
> why move them? They should outlive the WG.
> The /2003/g/ URI space seems fine.

Agreed.

> Hmm... maybe you don't have write access to them
> where they currently sit?

I get a permission denied message on both files.

> I have long intended for the test materials to
> include cached copies of stuff from outside the test
> area. I wonder if that's too big of a project to
> include in our critical path...

I don't think a cache is needed - just a one-time copy for the current
tests; and update URLs to point to the test area, not outside it.
(I exclude the two library transformations)

>> b) include precisely these two transforms in it
>> c) fix bugs
>
> c.1) add tests for bugs
>
>> d) include a reference to this library from the primer.
>>
>> I am happy to do this.
>
> Thanks; you might as well start on the plan as you sketched it.
>
>> Jeremy

Jeremy