Re: draft response to Elliotte Harold "Security: read vs. write "

On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 10:29 +0000, Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> Draft response:
> ===========
> Thank you for your comment.
>
> The particular operation we had in mind was from XSLT2: xsl:result-document.
>
> Perhaps we should make this more explicit.
>
> The rewrite of this section was motivated by implementer feedback.
> Particularly concerning test security3 in
>    http://jena.sourceforge.net/test/grddl/
> which, with a little imagination, could be modified so that malicious
> code took control of an overly trusting machine (by writing
> appropriately to a key OS file).
>
> Please reply indicating whether this adequately addresses your comment.
>
> ============

That works for me. I see in off-list
mail (of 10 Mar 2007 19:43:34 -0500) that Harry concurs.
Please do send it; i.e. find out if we can satisfy him without
making any spec changes.

This doesn't preclude us from making clarifying changes, if
WG participants prefer.

> Process wise: I am assuming that in this Last Call phase responses to
> comments should only be sent by the editor or the chairs, or on their
> instruction.

Right.