Re: Could you update the GRDDL Service to be compliant with the GRDDL Spec

Hello Harry,

Le dimanche 24 juin 2007 à 00:21 -0400, Harry Halpin a écrit :
>     We are getting GRDDL ready for movement to Proposed Recommendation.

Glad to hear that!

> Since GRDDL is going to be a W3C Web Specification, it is important for
> us to get the W3C online services to be conformant with the
> specification before we get to Recommendation status by the end of
> July\early August.  I understand your cycles are limited, but can you
> request to the W3C that you be given enough spare cycles over the next
> month to upgrade the service.

I think that's fairly unlikely to be possible.

> Would it be difficult for you to plug in either the Python GRDDL client
> [1] or Jena [2] into the GRDDL online service? Both distributions are
> very actively maintained, and I believe this would take the vast
> majority of the burden off your shoulders.

It would for the GRDDL-part, but I would still have to figure the
details of setting it up in a secure fashion; has anyone set up another
online-GRDDL service anywhere? It would be easier for me to simply copy
an existing CGI script rather than having to set up one; also, if the
current demonstrator is too likely to cause confusion, we could shut it
down (until somebody has enough cycles to set up a better one), and/or
redirect to another existing service.

Dom