RE: Xinclude word-smithing

> From: public-grddl-wg-request@w3.org
> [mailto:public-grddl-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Murray Maloney
> [ . . . ]
> As to licence to use xi:include, any XML processor that supports
> the XInclude specification is free to exercise the specification.
> No further licence is required or sought. If you have any
> real interest
> in the content of a document, then you are also interested in any
> transclusions that it may contain, and so on, as long as you can
> follow your nose. That's the web.

Are you suggesting that the GRDDL WG *should* make a decision on the
question of whether XInclude expansion is licensed?

> If your application or agent chooses to inhibit XInclude
> processing, use it
> to meet your needs. You may get fewer triples than me, but you will
> feel confident knowing that you didn't need the extraneous
> information.

Point of clarification: it is not just a matter of producing fewer
triples, it is also a matter of producing *different* triples --
different assertions.

David Booth, Ph.D.
HP Software
+1 617 629 8881 office  |  dbooth@hp.com
http://www.hp.com/go/software

Opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not represent
the official views of HP unless explicitly stated otherwise.