Re: FW: issue-dbooth-4f: Sec 4, base IRI of an element

On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 21:21 -0400, Booth, David (HP Software - Boston)
wrote:
> I meant to send this to the regular WG list.  I did not intend it as a
> formal comment.
>
> AFAICT this looks like an editorial issue.  Can anyone shed light on it?
> Shouldn't this refer to the base IRI of the XML document?

Perhaps... but I'm not sure where that terminology is actually
grounded in the specs. If you'd like to help with the spelunking,
please do suggest some detailed citations. Last time I went
spelunking, I came up empty, so I just added a note after
the rule:

"Note that the base IRI of an element node in an XHTML document may be
influenced by factors such as a base element[HTML4] Retrieval
URIRFC3986, etc. See test cases such as htmlbase1 for further
clarification."

 -- http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/spec#rule_tlrel

I'll probably add a forward reference to the new base appendix too.