Re: primer review part 2

Ian Davis wrote:
>> as is, http://research.talis.com/2005/erdf/profile specifies
>> a profile
>> transform for http://research.talis.com/2005/erdf/profile and not for
>> http://purl.org/NET/erdf/profile, so no GRDDL result is generated.
>
> I don't see that, can you explain? The HTML document at
> http://research.talis.com/2005/erdf/profile contains the following
> markup:

>         rel="profileTransformation"
>
> href="http://purl.org/NET/erdf/extract-rdf.xsl">extract-rdf.xsl</a>, <a
>         rel="profile"
> href="http://purl.org/NET/erdf/profile">profile</a></p>

Aah.
I might have made a mistake in the rationalization of the library
glean-profile function.

The idiom rel="profile" is intended to indicate the profile to which the
profileTransformation applies?

As is, rel="profileTransformation" behaves like rel="transformation".
rel="transformation" specifies a transformation for this doc,
rel="profileTransformation" specifies a profile transformation for this
doc. This doc is defined by its base-URI. Since
http://research.talis.com/2005/erdf/profile
does not have an explicit htmlbase, the base URI is the retrieval URI
http://research.talis.com/2005/erdf/profile

This URI is used even if the initial request was to
http://purl.org/NET/erdf/profile
and then redirected to
http://research.talis.com/2005/erdf/profile

(This case is specifically called out in RFC 3986, section 5.1.3).

I'll have a look at the history of glean-profile.

Jeremy

--
Hewlett-Packard Limited
Registered No: 690597 England