Re: How are correct, unambiguous results possible with implementation-defined XML pre-processing? (#faithful-infoset)

On Tuesday, 5 June 2007 20:12:37 GMT Dan Connelly wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-05-24 at 11:34 +0100, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
> >
> > My own view is that the GRDDL spec is not clear enough about
> > faithful infoset not being wholly adequately resolved, but
> > the resolution being a pragmatic decision based on what we
> > felt we could realistically do.
> >
> > I suggest we reopen it and postpone - perhaps with the same
> > resolution, but restricted to this version of GRDDL, noting
> > that it is an area where future work may be needed. In doing
> > that we can also draw the postponed issue to the attention of
> > the XProc WG, and formally give them the option of
> > (partially) addressing it.
>
> I think that's a good idea.

I would view that as sweeping the issue under the carpet, where the
carpet happens to be labeled "postponed issues".

David Booth, Ph.D.
HP Software
+1 617 629 8881 office  |  dbooth@hp.com
http://www.hp.com/go/software