  • From: Masataka Yakura <yakura-masataka@mitsue.co.jp>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:25:11 +0900
  • Subject: Re: GRDDL WG: Do not deprecate the profile attribute
  • To: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>
Harry Halpin wrote:
> However, it appears that XHTML2 is deprecating the
> profile attribute. Is this true? If so, we would like to request it
> *not* be deprecated, but that the profile attribute be kept in XHTML2.

The current XHTML2 draft has a new "profile" linktype under @rel and
@rev for referring to profiles [1].

There was @profile before the linktype being introduced. However, it was
not defined under <head>. It was defined for <html> [2].

Hence, XHTML2 hasn't defined head@profile since the first draft, but it
has provided another way of profile linking.

So, XHTML2 isn't really deprecating the profile attribute (IMHO). But
thinking about compatibility, it may be (at the syntactic level, it is).

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xhtml2-20060726/mod-metaAttributes.html#adef_metaAttributes_rel
[2]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-xhtml2-20020805/mod-structure.html#edef_structure_html