RE: Sending Docs to Rec?

From: McBride, Brian <brian.mcbride@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 08:10:16 -0000
To: "Harry Halpin" <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>, "public-grddl-wg" <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>

Harry,

As best I can understand it, your argument is:

1. there are different audiences for the different docs
2. we have show that we take each audience seriously
3. ergo each document should be rec track.

I don't see taking a document rec track as some sort of certificate of
seriousness.  It may be a certificate of stability and of consensus (so
its worth implementing the spec).

I speculate that what a CIO cares about is a) whether GRDDL will be good
for his organization b) that it is an open standard with
implementations.

A spec that is a rec takes care of b.  The primer explains what it does
so takes care of a - whether or not it's a rec.

Brian