Re: "GRDDL Agents" section (#issue-whichlangs, #issue-output-formats)

On Feb 19, 2007, at 9:36 AM, Clark, John wrote:
> I think the second step raises a fundamental question that the group
> had
> mentioned before.

Not just mentioned; asked and answered, I believe...

>> 2. Apply each transformation to obtain a GRDDL result.
>
> How should a GRDDL Agent do this?  In particular, how should a GRDDL
> Agent use/apply a GRDDL transformation (i.e. a resource)?  If the
> resource has an XSLT 1 representation, then section 6[0] may allow a
> GRDDL Agent to obtain a GRDDL result, but what if the resource doesn't
> have an XSLT 1 representation?

Then you're on your own. i.e. yes, this is left unspecified.

This question has been asked and answered. If there's new information
since these decisions, we can reconsider, as always...

RESOLUTION: to resolve issue-output-formats by (1) adding formal rules
to cover the case of of the XSLT 1.0 and RDF/XML (2) to allow other
output formats as exemplified by the Atom/turtle test case
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2006Dec/att-0011/
06-grddl-wg-minutes.html__charset_us-ascii#item04

RESOLUTION: to address [#issue-whichlangs] as per the current draft
(1.83 2006/08/25 20:23:09). SHOULD support XSLT 1; MAY support others.
http://www.w3.org/2006/08/30-grddl-wg-minutes#item06