Re: FW: HTTP Header Use Case

I thought a bit about the spec for this (the earlier e-mail in the
thread) and felt it could be improved.
It was a little unclear what I need to be looking for in the values.

Suggestions:
1) drop the "<" and ">" quoting the URIs; not used elsewhere in HTTP
Headers (I think)
2) Use transformation as a token, rather than "transformation" a quoted
string, as the value of rel.
3) provide grammar, extensibility, etc for these headers e.g.

So, using the grammar of RFC 2616, how about:

Link = "Link" ":"
         #(  ( absoluteURI | relativeURI )
             *( accept-extension ) )

Note:
[[
accept-extension = ";" token [ "=" ( token | quoted-string ) ]

]]

And

Profile = "Profile" ":" 1*( absoluteURI )

(a space separated list)

or perhaps
Profile = "Profile" ":" 1#( absoluteURI )

(a comma separated list)

And then the rule is that if there is GRDDL-Profile-URI in the list of
Profile values, and for each link URI in the list of links with a rel
param whose value is the token 'transformation' (no quotes), apply the
transform.

Jeremy