Appendix: A GRDDL-aware Agent protocol trace

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 03:43:51 -0600
To: GRDDL Working Group <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>

I hope this ties up a number of loose ends:

[[
Appendix: A GRDDL-aware Agent protocol trace

While this declarative specification of GRDDL allows a variety of
implementation strategies, in this appendix we trace the behavior common
to a number of typical implementations.

Consider a GRDDL-aware agent that is asked for results from
http://www.w3.org/2003/g/po-doc.xml . It starts by dereferencing
that URI ...
]]
 -- http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/spec#extrace
  Revision 1.203  2007/02/07 09:41:34

This is intended to discharge...
  ACTION: DanC to add a sample implementation appendix to the GRDDL
spec.

Rather than an annotated source listing of GRDDL.py, I went with
the approach of a protocol walkthru.

Along the way, it discusses security/caching issues and base URI
stuff, if only briefly.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E