RE: GRDDL spec ready for release?

On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 09:59 +0000, McBride, Brian wrote:
> Have we drained the comments list of comments that, if they came in
> again after last call, would force a second last call?

We haven't drained the comments list. (Whether they would trigger
another last call is more complicated than I'd like to think about).

In particular, there are some test suite patches and some security
comments from Jeremy.

> How would folks feel about not taking all three docs rec track?  The
> requirements doc has done its job.  Does publishing as a rec accomplish
> anything?

Publishing it as last call allows us to use it to answer last call
comments a la...

  That's an interesting feature request; we didn't identify
  that as a requirement when developing our use cases and requirements.
  Can you help us understand the value of it by sketching a use case?

Though actually, our use case document doesn't have much in the
way of explicit requirements, so maybe doing without it at
last call is not losing much.

>   The primer isn't normative - so doesn't need to go through
> the rec process and could be published as a note.  This might reduce our
> workload a bit.

Indeed.

I don't feel strongly one way or another.

> I'm feeling this timescale is a bit optimistic, but that's because I'm
> feeling pushed to do the review of the spec I'd like to do before voting
> positively for last call.

With pretty complete implementations of GRDDL in raptor in Jena
announced last week, it seem to me that perhaps the spec has done its
job, too... especially in combination with the test suite. I'm
more motivated to polish up the test suite these days than to do
significant work on the spec.

http://esw.w3.org/topic/GrddlImplementations