Re: A GRDDL profile for topic maps: a possible transformation from XTM to RDF/XML

From: Fabien Gandon <Fabien.Gandon@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 19:54:49 +0100
To: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>
CC: public-grddl-wg <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>

Harry Halpin:

> On Wed, 12 Dec 2007, Fabien Gandon wrote:
>> If I remember well there is no way to indicate you don't want to
>> follow the URL of a namespace thus for this demo we had o use a
>> different namespace.
>
> My thinking is that sort of thing should be local policy. We should
> encourage developers of GRDDL parsers to add this option. Also, it
> would be great to somehow fix the namespace document for topic maps.
> Why is it broken?
The namepsace for XTM is http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/ and serves a
document encoded in UTF-8 but with a content type charset=iso-8859-1 or
vice-versa i.e I am not sure what the encoding should be but the GRDDL
agents says it's not proper UTF-8.

Cheers,

--
Fabien - http://ns.inria.fr/fabien.gandon/