more on base concerns

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 21:30:10 +0100
To: GRDDL Working Group <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>

In terms of XPath 2 we seem to be discussing whether:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-datamodel/#dm-document-uri
[[
The dm:document-uri accessor returns the absolute URI of the resource
from which the Document Node was constructed
]]

or

http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-datamodel/#dm-base-uri
[[
The dm:base-uri accessor returns the base URI of a node [...], see [XML
Base].
]]

is used to select the URI that is passed to the RDF parser reading the
transform output.

There is also a URI passed to the XSLT processor, as in Java SAX terms,
the 'systemID' of the SAXSource ...
I am pretty clear this should be dm:document-uri, the retrieval URI.

It gets muddier if we apply GRDDL to some node that is not a root node,
but I guess that that lies outside our concern here.

i.e. document representation D retrieved from U.

GRDDL processor finds its baseURI B (via xml:base or html:base, or = U),
and interprets any relative refs of transforms T using B.

GRDDL processor passes D to transform T along with D's URI, I believe
that that is U in this case. In XSLT1.0 the transform cannot see U, so
quite what is passed is moot. This produces output RX.

GRDDL processor passes RX to RDF/XML parser and a 'base-URI' which is
either U or B.

I could live with either, but it's helpful if we decide.
It would also be nice if some spec told us.