possible changes to approved tests

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:14:17 +0100
To: GRDDL Working Group <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>

Hi Chime, John

if I get your agreement on the xmlbase tests, as indicated in last
message, I then think we should change some of the approved tests. Harry
has agreed that if we need to do this, we can approve any such changes
by e-mail consensus/vote.

The main change is to the htmlbase tests and to the library, and
possible consequential changes.

- htmlbase
Like with xml:base, the GRDDL agent takes the base URI from the document
content, and passes that to the output of the transform.
Therefore a transform need not look at the html:base, (and if in fact
the base is a relative reference, should not, since otherwise the
relative reference will get applied twice).

- library changes
hence glean-profile should do nothing about bases

hence embeddedRDF should ignore any xml:base attribute on the root
element, since this changes the baseURI of the document. It should
however continue to consider xml:base attributes further within the
document.

As a consequence, other approved tests may be incorrect.