Re: Review of GRDDL Documents and Issues

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006, Murray Maloney wrote:
> Actually, the neutral terms "source document" or "input document" would be
> great.
>
> These terms would apply equally to a document that is a candidate as well as
> it
> would to a document that was not a candidate. I observe that it would be
> possible
> for a document living on my file system to be a candidate because I have
> cached
> copies of the namespace or HTML profile, while another GRDDL-aware processor
> might not recognize that document's candidacy because it did not have access
> to my namespace or profile. My point being that a document's suitability for
> GRDDL
> processing can be ephemeral and context-dependent.

I don't follow how this suggests that the qualifier 'GRDDL' source
document isn't appropriate.  In the scenario you give, the determination
of a document's candidacy is made by a GRDDL-aware processor that has a
very specific set of things it is looking for, if it finds none, the
document *isn't* a candidate for GRDDL processing.

To me 'GRDDL source document' suggests a document that is a candidate for GRDDL
processing as a result of a criteria independent of whether that
document is an RDF/XML document, an XSLT document, an XHTML document, etc..

>  Therefore it is just
> another
> source or input document until it encounters a GRDDL-aware processor that
> recognizes it as a candidate for GRDDL processing.

Right, but you'd agree that the criteria for this candidacy is very
specific?

Chimezie Ogbuji
Lead Systems Analyst
Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery