Re: Sentence to add to spec on SHOULD support XSLT 1.0, MAY support others [issue-conformance-labels, issue-whichlangs]

On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 07:57 -0400, Harry Halpin wrote:
> GRDDL Processor is defined here:
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc43/scenario-gallery.htm#GRDDLProcessor
>
> I thought we wanted to use consistent vocabulary in the spec, the
> use-cases, and the primer, therefore my use of the word "GRDDL Processor."

I think the glossary in the primer is good for for consistent advocacy,
but I don't think we should try to make them into conformance labels.

For one thing, the definitions are circular: GRDDL processor
is defined in terms of GRDDL source document, which in turn
is defined in terms of GRDDL processor. That's fine for an
informative glossary, but it doesn't work as a specification.

The spec currently has no normative dependency on the primer,
and I think that's as it should be.