Re: Must clients use all transformations specified?

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006, Harry Halpin wrote:

> Here's a use-case:

Thanks..

> Say there's a web-page marked up with hCals and hCards, and so has
> transformations in XSLT 1.0 for both to RDF vocabularies. The client is
> only interested in events, not in people's contact details. So, does the
> client:
>
> 1) Run both transforms, then merge the RDF graphs of the results.
>
> 2) Run only the relevant transform, i.e. hCal to RDF.

I would think that if the publisher specifically referred to *both* an
hCal and hCard transformation that it was his/her intent that the
*combined* use of the RDF vocabularies preserved the meaning of his/her
original web page.

In which case, the client (unless there was some local policy against
doing so - a policy that only hCal transformas would be run) would do 1)
and cherry-pick (so to speak) only the terms it was interested in from the
merged graph.

Chimezie Ogbuji
Lead Systems Analyst
Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery